Flow Behavior and Performance Characteristics of Constant Air Volume Fan According to Different Hub Shape
- Flow Behavior and Performance Characteristics of Constant Air Volume Fan According to Different Hub Shape
- 이호호; 최항철; 정재구; 이윤표; 신유환; 정진택
- Constant air volume flow fan; Flow behavior; Hub shape; Performance test; Numerical analysis; Efficiency
- Issue Date
- VOL 15, NO 2, 57-62
- The constant air volume flow fan can maintain constant flow rate to the wide range of exit pressure. Therefore, the use of
this fan is increasing recently for ventilation of high building. Brushless DC motor is adopted to this fan because that has
advantages of compactness and performance. But this type of motor protrude from impeller hub side to fan inlet. The Impeller
inlet flow is influenced by size of this obstacle called hub. In this paper, the influence of hub shape on the fan performance
characteristics are experimentally and numerically analyzed. CFX 12.0 is used to perform the fan internal flow analysis and
numerical results are compared with the experiments. Depending on hub shape, internal loss is generated and the performance
and efficiency are reduced. The best performance is occurred around h/b1 = 0.25. The results of this study will be contribute
to initial design of constant air volume flow fan development.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.