Modified wirte-and-verify scheme for improving the endurance of multi-level cell phase-change memory using Ge-doped SbTe
- Modified wirte-and-verify scheme for improving the endurance of multi-level cell phase-change memory using Ge-doped SbTe
- 장강; 우철; 정증현; 정두석; 유원종; 정병기
- Multi-level; phase-change memory; Modified WAV scheme; Endurance improvement
- Issue Date
- Solid-state electronics
- VOL 76, 67-70
- In this study, a modified write-and-verify (WAV) scheme is proposed for improving the programming/
erasing (P/E) endurance of multi-level cell (MLC) phase-change memory (PCM) using Ge-doped SbTe
(GeST). A dual reference data read method is developed to detect the level margin decay during P/E
cycling, and a trigger condition is designed to trigger self-repair for the degraded cells before any P/E
error for the modified WAV scheme. Experimental results suggest that the modified WAV scheme effectively
extends the P/E endurance of PCM using GeST during 4-level P/E by at least 10 times. The modified
WAV scheme is expected to improve the endurance of MLC–PCM of system applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.