Rapid synthesis of Pt-based alloy/carbon nanotube catalysts for a direct methanol fuel cell using flash light irradiation
- Rapid synthesis of Pt-based alloy/carbon nanotube catalysts for a direct methanol fuel cell using flash light irradiation
- 박성현; 정혜미; 엄석기; 송용원; 김학성
- IPL; Pt alloy; Direct methanol fuel cells; carbon nanotubes; Flash light irradiation; Methanol; Nanoparticle-alloys
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 37, NO 17, 12597-12604
- We synthesized Pt, Pt-Ru alloy and Pt-Ru-Mo alloy nanoparticles on the multi-walled
carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) using flash light irradiation and characterized these catalysts.
Pt100, Pt50-Ru50 alloy and Pt43-Ru43-Mo14 alloy are coated onto MWCNTs followed by
flash light irradiation to facilitate the formation of nanoparticle-alloys. The fabricated pure
Pt and Pt-based alloy nanoparticle/MWCNTs were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD),
raman spectroscopy and scanning electron microscopy (SEM). Cyclic voltammetry (CV)
studies and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) results revealed that the Pt43-
Ru43-Mo14/MWCNT catalyst has higher activity and stability with regard to methanol
electro-oxidation than the Pt100/MWCNT and Pt50-Ru50/MWCNT catalysts.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.