Epitaxial growth of CdTe films on GaAs-buffered (001) Si substrates by metal organic chemical vapor deposition
- Epitaxial growth of CdTe films on GaAs-buffered (001) Si substrates by metal organic chemical vapor deposition
- 김광천; 백승협; 최원철; 김현재; 송진동; 김진상
- MOCVD; GaAs buffer layer; CdTe
- Issue Date
- Materials letters
- VOL 87, 139-141
- Epitaxial (001) CdTe thin film was successfully grown on a (001) Si substrate using an atomically
smooth, thin (2 nm) GaAs buffer layer deposited using the metal organic chemical vapor deposition
method. High-resolution transmission electron microscopy studies revealed a periodic distribution of
dislocations due to lattice mismatch along the interfaces between CdTe film, GaAs buffer layer, and Si
substrate. Most of the dislocation cores were located inside the GaAs buffer layer or at the interface
between the CdTe and GaAs layers, indicating that GaAs buffer layer originally coherent to Si, was fully
relaxed during the CdTe layer growth. The thin GaAs buffer layer effectively absorbed any strain coming
from the large lattice mismatch between a CdTe layer and a Si substrate by forming an array of
structural defects in the GaAs layer, which permitted epitaxial growth of CdTe on the Si substrates.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.