Engineered Domain Configuration and Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting in 0.7Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-0.3PbTiO3 Single Crystals
- Engineered Domain Configuration and Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting in 0.7Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-0.3PbTiO3 Single Crystals
- 송현철; 강종윤; 윤석진; 정대용
- ferroelectric materials; crystal growth; domain; compression test; piezoelectric energy harvesting
- Issue Date
- Metals and Materials International
- VOL 18, NO 3, 499-503
- The performance of cantilever piezoelectric energy harvesters using three types of piezoelectric materials,
relaxor ferroelectric 0.7Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-0.3PbTiO3 (PMN-PT) single crystals oriented along the
<110> and <001> directions, and a PZT-based ceramic, were investigated. The <110> and <001> oriented
PMN–PT single crystals, which have a rhombohedral phase and spontaneous polarization along
the <111> direction, presented electromechanical coupling factor k31’s of 0.78 and 0.42, respectively.
The cantilever-type energy harvester operated by 31 resonance mode generated a larger output power of
1.07 mW for the <110> oriented PMN-PT single crystal compared to those of the other materials. The
effective electromechanical coupling factor of the piezoelectric energy harvester with the <110> oriented
crystal also reached 0.25, not achievable with the other piezoelectric materials. These results demonstrate
that the domain engineering of the piezoelectric single crystals can provide higher design
flexibility for a tiny energy harvester.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.