Design of a Parallel-Type Gripper Mechanism
- Design of a Parallel-Type Gripper Mechanism
- Byung-Ju Yi; Heung Yeol Na; Jae Hoon Lee; Yeh-Sun Hong; 오상록; Il Hong Suh; Whee Kuk Kim
- parallel-type; gripper mechanism
- Issue Date
- The International journal of robotics research
- VOL 21, NO 7, 661-676
- A new parallel-hype gripper mechanism is proposed in this work. This device has a parallelogramic platform that can be flexibly folded. Therefore, this mechanism not only can be used to grasp an object having irregular shape or large volume, but also can be utilized as a micro-positioning device after grasping objects. Forward position analysis and platform kinematics are investigated to deal with motion tracking and force control. Kinematic optimization is performed to design a parallel-type gripping mechanism so that it can reach the specified workspace, span the given range of the specified configuration parameters, and generate a desired force to grasp an object. A pneumatic rotator is employed for actuation and a miniaturized proportional 4/3-way directional valve is specially developed to deal with feedback-based dynamic control. The proportional valve allows indirect force control by measuring the offset-load pressure raised by the contact between the grasped object and the parallel platform. In experimental work, the performance of the motion tracking and indirect force control has been shown to be successful.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.