Large-sale synthesis of pure and doped graphene by arc-discharge
- Large-sale synthesis of pure and doped graphene by arc-discharge
- 오인섭; 이창협; 박성찬; 구본철; 김명종
- graphene; arc-discharge; doping
- Issue Date
- Nano Korea 2012 Graphene Symposium
- Arc discharge used to be an effective method to synthesize highly crystalline carbon nanotubes. Arc discharge synthesis of graphene was attempted by a few groups, but it is in premature stage thus needs more improvement [1,2,3]. Arc graphene synthesis has been attempted by under a variety of buffer gases by using metal catalysts. The condition for generating arc-discharge was 210 torr, 32~35 volts and 90A. In order to improve conductivity of graphene, in-situ N-type doping was attempted by adopting a dopant (4-amino benzoic acid), and purification by heat treatment was followed at 450℃ for 90 min under air atmosphere. The electrical conductivity of purified N-doped graphene was approximately 600 times higher than undoped as-grown materials. The XPS data of N-doped graphene synthesized by using a dopant demonstrated that the concentration of nitrogen was 1.6%. Defect density of N-doped graphene has been further decreased by an addition of trace amount of catalysts.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.