The Design and Synthesis of 1,4-Substituted Piperazine Derivatives as Triple Reuptake Inhibitors
- The Design and Synthesis of 1,4-Substituted Piperazine Derivatives as Triple Reuptake Inhibitors
- 한민수; 한영휘; 송치만; 한호규
- antidepression; CNS drug; piperazine; Major depressive disorder; Antidepressants; Triple reuptake inhibitor
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 33, NO 8, 2597-2602
- Novel 1,4-substituted piperazine derivatives 5, Series A and B were designed by fragment analysis and
molecular modification of 4 selected piperazine-containing compounds which possess antidepressant activity.
We synthesized new 39 analogues of Series A and 10 compounds of Series B, respectively. The antidepressant
screening against DA, NE, and serotonin neurotransmitter uptake inhibition was carried out using the
Neurotransmitter Transporter Uptake Assay Kit. The compounds in Series B showed relatively higher reuptake
inhibitory activity for SERT, NET, and DAT than those in Series A. The length of spacer between the central
piperazine core and the terminal phenyl ring substituted at the piperazine ring in Series B seems to exert an
important role in the activity.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.