Improved molten carbonate fuel cell performance via reinforced thin anode
- Improved molten carbonate fuel cell performance via reinforced thin anode
- 응우엔호암빗푹; 송신애; 박동녘; 함형철; 한종희; 윤성필; Mohd Roslee Othman; 김진수
- Thin anode; Supporting material; Molten carbonate fuel cell; Mass transfer resistance
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 37, NO 21, 16161-16167
- The effects of anode thickness on electrochemical performance and cell voltage stability of
molten carbonate fuel cell (MCFC) were examined using single cell test. It was found that
supported thin nickel-aluminum (Ni-Al) anode with small pore size enhanced cell
performance by reducing its mass transfer resistance and crossover. The stability of cell
voltage was also observed. This was achieved after 0.25 mm thick anode was reinforced
with Ni 60 mesh. Unsupported 0.3 mm thick anode yielded poor performance due to
deformation and cracks after a long thermal exposure. The performance was improved
significantly after all the anodes were reinforced with Ni mesh.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.