Broadcasting in colorless WDM-PON using spectrum-sliced wavelength conversion
- Broadcasting in colorless WDM-PON using spectrum-sliced wavelength conversion
- 이관일; 임선도; 전영민; 김철한; Paolo Chelfi; An Truong Nguyen; Luca Poti; 이상배
- WDM-PON; Broadcasting; Cross gain modulation (XGM); Semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA)
- Issue Date
- Optical fiber technology
- VOL 18, NO 2, 112-116
- We propose and experimentally demonstrate a novel wavelength-division-multiplexed passive optical
network (WDM-PON) scheme for providing broadcasting service by using an inverted amplified spontaneous
emission (ASE) from a semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA). In this scheme, single pump signal is
converted into multiple wavelengths signal by spectrum sliced wavelength conversion. We expect it
could be very practical and cost-effective solution for broadcasting in WDM-PON due to its simplicity.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.