Fabrication and Analysis of Butterfly-type Piezoelectric Actuators
- Fabrication and Analysis of Butterfly-type Piezoelectric Actuators
- 이원희; 윤석진; 강종윤; 이형엽; Yun-Soo Lim; Byeong-Kwon Ju; Dae-Yong Jeong
- Piezoelectric; actuator; Butterfly; Simulation
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 61, NO 6, 882-886
- A noble butterfly-type piezoelectric actuator was designed to meet the demand of a tiny motor in
mobile devices. To predict the actuation motion, we utilized the ATILA software and investigated
the effects of the material properties on the impedance spectrum and the elliptical displacement. The
increase of mechanical loss made the impedance peaks broader and tilted the elliptical displacement
leading to asymmetry along the directions of motion. However, the decrease in the piezoelectric
constant and the increase in the dielectric loss gave information about the small peak and made the
shape of the elliptical displacement closer to the measured result. Even though there is discrepancy
in the magnitude of value, the simulation by revising the piezoelectric constant and the dielectric
loss was more effective in predicting the actuation behavior of the butterfly-type actuator.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.