Highly durable Pt-supported niobia-silica aerogel catalysts in the aqueous-phase hydrodeoxygenation of 1-propanol
- Highly durable Pt-supported niobia-silica aerogel catalysts in the aqueous-phase hydrodeoxygenation of 1-propanol
- 류지혜; 김성민; 최재욱; 하정명; 안동준; 서동진; 서영웅
- 1-Propanol; Aqueous-phase processing; Hydrodeoxygenation; Aerogel; Pt catalyst; Pt/Nb2O5-SiO2
- Issue Date
- Catalysis communications
- VOL 29, 40-47
- The aqueous-phase hydrodeoxygenation (APHDO) of 1-propanol at 230 °C and 35 bar was studied over
1 wt.% Pt catalysts supported on several metal oxides. Pt catalysts supported on amorphous silica, alumina
and niobia aerogels, and crystalline niobic acid calcined at 500 °C showed low activities or deactivation.
Under the APHDO condition, these supports experienced a structure transformation to crystalline quartz,
boehmite and niobia TT phase. Pt/Nb2O5–Al2O3 aerogel also suffered from the same crystallization behavior.
In contrast, Pt/Nb2O5–SiO2 aerogels with different Nb/(Nb+Si) ratios maintained a good catalytic performance
for prolonged reaction periods. Through characterizations of spent catalysts, Nb2O5–SiO2 aerogels
were found to retain X-ray amorphous and porous structure. Also, their acid site densities were negligibly
changed during the reaction. The catalysts with the Nb/(Nb+Si) ratio of 0.500 and 0.575 reached the
molar propane/ethane ratio of about 1.0, indicating that Pt/Nb2O5–SiO2 aerogel catalysts are highly active
in the presence of water.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.