Determination of Methylmercury in Common Dolphin living in the Southern East Sea of Korea
- Determination of Methylmercury in Common Dolphin living in the Southern East Sea of Korea
- 오민석; 정민지; 이선화; Meehye Kim; YoonSeok Choi; 박경수; 박현미
- common dolphin; methylmercury; concentration distribution in organs
- Issue Date
- 대한화학회 추계 학술대회
- Delphinus delphis, which living in the southern East Sea of Korea was investigated for the study of methylmercury distribution in the big aquatic mammals. Methylmercury(MeHg) in 4 kinds of common dolphins(male, female, young and old) was determined with GC/ECD. Methylmercury was extracted with hydrochloric acid and toluene, and cleaned up with L-cystein solution.
Limit of detection(LOD) and Limit of quantitation(LOQ) were 5.8μg/kg, and 17.7μg/kg, respectively. Calibration linearity was estimated by R² which was 0.99 and Relative Standard Deviation(RSD%) was 1.5%.
These results could show us the understanding of bioaccumulation of methylmercury in the aquatic mammals from the food cycle of fish and the toxicological knowledge from this methylmercury concentration distribution.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.