Synthesis and photovoltaic properties of low band gap quarterthiophenes-alt-diketopyrrolopyrroles polymers having high hole mobility
- Synthesis and photovoltaic properties of low band gap quarterthiophenes-alt-diketopyrrolopyrroles polymers having high hole mobility
- 손선경; 김봉수; 이춘영; 이중석; 조정호; 고민재; 이도권; 김홍곤; 최동훈; 김경곤
- Low band gap polymer; Polymer solar cell; Organic solar cell; High mobility
- Issue Date
- Solar energy materials and solar cells
- VOL 104, 185-192
- Two low band gap copolymers (PQTDPP and PQTVTDPP) having quaterthiophene (QT) or bithiophene-vinylene-bithiophene (QTVT) as donor unit and diketopyrrolopyrrole (DPP) as acceptor unit have been synthesized via Stille cross-coupling polymerization. The polymers showed high thermal stability and broad light absorption with optical band gaps around 1.3 eV. Cyclic voltammetry measurements revealed that the HOMO and LUMO energy levels of QT and DPP copolymer (PQTDPP) were found to be −5.19 and −3.64 eV, respectively and those of PQTVTDPP −5.05 and −3.66 eV, respectively. X-ray diffraction patterns showed highly crystalline phase in the PQTDPP film and nearly amorphous in the PQTVTDPP film. This dramatic difference in crystallinity was attributed to the structural isomerization around vinyl groups in the PQTVTDPP polymer. Field-effect transistor measurement revealed that the PQTDPP showed high hole mobility of 0.06 cm2/Vs and on/off ratio of 106 while the PQTVTDPP showed hole mobility of 3.57×10−4 cm2/Vs and on/off ratio of 105, which is consistent with X-ray diffraction results. Photovoltaic devices were also fabricated using polymer:PCBM blends in the structure of ITO/PEDOT:PSS/blend/Al. The PQTDPP devices exhibited an open circuit voltage (Voc) of 0.58 V, a short circuit current (Jsc) of 7.16 mA/cm2, a fill factor (FF) of 0.55 and a power conversion efficiency (PCE) of 2.28%, and the PQTVTDPP devices exhibited an Voc of 0.50 V, a Jsc of 7.60 mA/cm2, a FF of 0.51 and a PCE of 1.97% under AM 1.5 illumination.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.