Fractionally δ-doped Oxide Superlattices for Higher Carrier Mobilities
- Fractionally δ-doped Oxide Superlattices for Higher Carrier Mobilities
- Woo Seok Choi; 이수연; Valentino R. Cooper; Ho Nyung Lee
- Perovskite oxide 2DEG; pulse laser epitaxy; fractional superlattices; band-filling control; multichannel conduction; effective mass
- Issue Date
- Nano letters
- VOL 12, 4590-4594
- A two-dimensional (2D) electron gas system in
an oxide heterostructure serves as an important playground for
novel phenomena. Here, we show that, by using fractional δ-
doping to control the interface’s composition in LaxSr1−xTiO3/
SrTiO3 artificial oxide superlattices, the filling-controlled 2D
insulator−metal transition can be realized. The atomic-scale
control of d-electron band filling, which in turn contributes to the tuning of effective mass and density of the charge carriers, is
found to be a fascinating route to substantially enhanced carrier mobilities.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.