Lipase Catalyzed Kinetic Resolution of rac-2-(3-Methoxy-4-methylphenyl) propan-1-ol and rac-2-(3-Hydroxy-4-methylphenyl)propyl propanoate for S-(+)-Xanthorrhizol
- Lipase Catalyzed Kinetic Resolution of rac-2-(3-Methoxy-4-methylphenyl) propan-1-ol and rac-2-(3-Hydroxy-4-methylphenyl)propyl propanoate for S-(+)-Xanthorrhizol
- 아잠; 정찬성
- Lipase; Sesquiterpene; Xanthorrhizol; Transesterification; Hydrolysis
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 33, NO 2, 409-414
- Xanthorrhizol is a bisabolane type of natural sesquiterpene, the major component of essential oils of Curcuma xanthorrhiza. 2-(3-Methoxy-4-methylphenyl)propan-1-ol and 2-(3-hydroxy-4-methyl phenyl)propan-1-ol could be essential building block for enantioselective synthesis of xanthorrhizol. Enantioselective (c = 53%, E = ) for R-(+)-2-(3-hydroxy-4-methylphenyl) propan-1-ol and (c = 58%, E = ) for R-(+)-2-(3-methoxy-4-methylphenyl) propan-1-ol resolution processes were developed via lipase-catalyzed reaction. We found lipase Aspergillus oryzae (AOL) and Porcine pancreas (PPL) are selective to transesterification and hydrolysis in organic and aqueous phase. Modified demethylated substrate is appropriate for enantioselective hydrolysis reaction without any additives. Enantiopure chiral alcohol was crystallized from ethyl acetate/n-hexane co-solvent system. Gram scale resolved chiral intermediate will facilitate the synthesis of the unnatural S-(+)-xanthorrhizol, the corresponding isomer of the natural one.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.