The effect of post-growth thermal annealing on the emission spectra of GaAs/AlGaAs quantum dots grown by droplet epitaxy
- The effect of post-growth thermal annealing on the emission spectra of GaAs/AlGaAs quantum dots grown by droplet epitaxy
- 문필경; J. D. Lee; 하승규; E. H. Lee; 최원준; 송진동; J. S. Kim; L. S. Dang
- droplet epitaxy; annealing; luminescence; quantum dots; GaAs; AlGaAs
- Issue Date
- Physica status solidi. Rapid Research Letters : PSS.
- VOL 6, NO 11, 445-447
- We fabricated GaAs/AlGaAs quantum dots by droplet epitaxy,
and obtained the geometries of the dots by scanning
transmission electron microscopy. Post-growth thermal annealing
is essential for the optical activation of quantum dots
grown by droplet epitaxy. We measured the emission energy
shifts of the dots and the underlying superlattice by postgrowth
thermal annealing, and specified the emission from
dots by selectively etching the structure down to a low layer
of quantum dots. We studied the influence of the degree of
annealing on the optical properties of the dots from the peak
shifts of the superlattice, since the superlattice has a uniform
and well-defined geometry.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.