Fabrication of Si core/C shell nanofibers and their electrochemical performances as a lithium-ion battery anode
- Fabrication of Si core/C shell nanofibers and their electrochemical performances as a lithium-ion battery anode
- 이병선; 손성범; 박규민; 서종현; 이세희; 최인석; 오규환; Woong-Ryeol Yu
- Si core/C shell nanofibers; Co-axial electrospinning; Buffering effect; Electrochemical performance
- Issue Date
- Journal of power sources
- VOL 206, 267-273
- This paper reports on Si core/C shell nanofibers as an anode material for Li-ion batteries. The Si core/C shell
nanofibers are synthesized using co-axial electrospinning of Si nanoparticles in styrene-co-acrylonitrile
core solution and poly(acrylonitrile) shell solution combined with subsequent thermal treatments. The
microstructure and elemental composition of the nanofibers are systematically examined using FE-SEM,
TEM and WAXD for confirmation of the crystalline Si core/turbostratic C shell structure. In situ observation
of contact-lithiation of the Si core/C shell nanofibers is carried out to investigate their mechanical
durability during the electrochemical reactions. The electrochemical performances of the nanofibers as
an anode are characterized by galvanostatic charge–discharge test. Due to simple processing but a welldeveloped
core/shell structure and good electrochemical performance, the Si core/C shell nanofibers
fabricated in this study offer the potential to develop enhanced Si/C nanostructured composite anodes.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.