Numerical Study on the Performance of a Microchannel Heat Exchanger with a Novel Channel Array
- Numerical Study on the Performance of a Microchannel Heat Exchanger with a Novel Channel Array
- 전승원; 이규정; 문동주
- Microchannel; HeaT Exchanger; Channel Array; Thermal
- Issue Date
- 대한기계학회논문집A (Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A)
- VOL 35, NO 11, 1119-1123
- In conventional microchannel heat exchangers, only one kind of fluid (hot or cold) flows in each plate.
The channels contain different kinds of fluid depending on the vertical position, but they have the same kind of
fluid at all horizontal positions. Therefore, there is a slower heat transfer rate in the horizontal direction than in
the vertical direction. We propose a microchannel heat exchanger in which hot and cold fluid flows alternately in
each plate to improve the thermal performance. This novel channel array requires a special design for the inlet
and outlet. The proposed channel array has a faster heat transfer rate than a conventional channel array. The
thermal performance of the novel channel array increases with increasing Reynolds number and Prandtl number,
but it decreases as the ratio of solid to fluid thermal conductivity increases.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.