Numerical Simulation of Thermal Performance of Printed Circuit Heat Exchangers with Microchannels of Different Shapes
- Numerical Simulation of Thermal Performance of Printed Circuit Heat Exchangers with Microchannels of Different Shapes
- 조연화; 이규정; 문동주; 김윤호
- PCHE; Microchannel; Heat Transfer; Pressure Drop; Numerical Simulation
- Issue Date
- 대한기계학회논문집B; Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers B
- VOL 35, NO 1, 61-66
- The performance of microchannel PCHE (Printed Circuit Heat Exchanger) is superior to that of other existing commercial heat exchangers. Further, it is also more efficient than other heat exchangers. Various microchannels, whose shapes are straight (I), Wavy, Beehive, Surf, I-Wavy, I-Beehive, or I-Surf, are computationally modeled in this study. The counter-flow arrangement is used, and the flow characteristics, heat transfer, and pressure drop in the microchannels under various mass flow rate conditions are investigated. The results for I microchannel is chosen as the benchmarks and is compared with those of newly proposed microchannels. It is found that the surf-shaped microchannel is most efficient in improving the overall performance of a PCHE.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.