Analysis and compensation of distorted stereoscopic images due to the observer's viewing orientation
- Analysis and compensation of distorted stereoscopic images due to the observer's viewing orientation
- 김동욱; 이광훈; 윤선규; 권용무; 장은영; 김성규
- 3D display; Distortion; Stereoscopic image; Stereoscopic display; Image distortion; Image processing
- Issue Date
- Optics communications
- VOL 285, NO 19, 3909-3916
- Stereoscopic image distortion induces incorrect 3D image information and eye fatigue. One cause of distortion is the incorrect viewing position (distance and orientation) of the observer. In these cases, correct 3D image, image compensation can be achieved by varying the viewing position. In particular, compensation for viewing orientation is more complex than viewing distance because of the different horizontal positions of each eye. In this paper, using a geometrical model, we show both simulated and experimental results of image distortion and an analytical compensation model for the observer's viewing orientation in a stereoscopic display. The experimental results of image distortion and subsequent compensation agree with the simulation results obtained with our geometrical compensation model.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.