Synthesis of poly (glycerol-co-dioate-co-butanedioate-co-xanthorrhizol) ester and a study of chain length effect on pendant group loading
- Synthesis of poly (glycerol-co-dioate-co-butanedioate-co-xanthorrhizol) ester and a study of chain length effect on pendant group loading
- 아잠; 표정인; 김관수; 정찬성
- Enzyme; Polycondensation; Pendant group loading; Drug delivery system; Xanthorrhizol
- Issue Date
- Journal of molecular catalysis. B, Enzymatic
- VOL 84, 198-204
- Natural R-(−)-xanthorrhizol possess a number of therapeutic activities including anti-cancer. The pharmacokinetic properties of that poorly aqueous soluble compound could be improved by incorporating it into polymeric materials. Glycerol can produce a functionalized polymer through a polycondensation process. Enzymatic polycondensation of glycerol and divinylesters was studied and xanthorrhizol was covalently loaded via a butanedioate linker to the polymer backbone. It was observed that xanthorrhizol loading to the polymer backbone increases with the increasing of the chain length of a dioate moiety. Enzyme-mediated xanthorrhizol release from a polymer backbone shows that the polymeric prodrug is able to release xanthorrhizol in a sustained manner. Therefore, the approach described here might be valuable for controlled loading and release of such phenolic sesquiterpenes from the polymeric prodrug.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.