Hydrogen oxidation reaction activity of sub-monolayer Pt-shell/Pd-core nanoparticles
- Hydrogen oxidation reaction activity of sub-monolayer Pt-shell/Pd-core nanoparticles
- 박희영; 전태열; 장종현; 유성종; 이국승; 조윤환; 최광현; 조용훈; 정남기; 정영훈; 성영은
- 연료전지; PtPd 합금촉매; 수소환원반응
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Electrochemical Society
- VOL 160, NO 1, H62-H66
- The hydrogen oxidation reaction activity of sub-monolayer Pt-shell/Pd-core nanoparticles was investigated at a Pt surface concentration
of 0 ~ 5.7%. The nanoparticles were prepared using a colloidal approach. The combination of electrochemical measurements
and high resolution-X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy revealed a significant decrease in oxidized Pd atoms (23.4%) with a Pt surface
concentration of 1.7% compared with that of Pd/C. X-ray absorption spectroscopy of the Pt LIII edge suggested preferred Pt deposition,
which led to more oxidized Pt atoms during Pt shell growth. The exchange current density of the hydrogen oxidation reaction
on the electrocatalyst with a Pt surface concentration of 4.9% was 3.5 times higher than that on Pd/C and was comparable with that
on Pt surfaces. The changes in hydrogen oxidation reaction apparent enthalpy due to Pt shell growth suggested a rate determining
step (RDS) change (Volmer reaction→Tafel reaction) at a Pt surface concentration of 1.7%.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.