Integrated numerical and experimental study of a MCFC-plasma gasifier energy system
- Integrated numerical and experimental study of a MCFC-plasma gasifier energy system
- G. Falcucci; E. Jannelli; M. Minutillo; S. Ubertini; 한종희; 윤성필; 남석우
- Molten carbonate fuel cell (MCFC); Numerical modeling; Waste to energy; Integrated power systems; Plasma torch; Experimental activity
- Issue Date
- Applied energy
- VOL 97, 734-742
- In the present work an investigation of the potential use of waste derived fuel gas in molten carbonate
fuel cell (MCFC) systems is performed. A simple numerical model of a MCFC is developed following a
‘‘system-level’’ approach that allows to investigate the impact of MCFC performance with respect to efficiency
and energy production in complex power systems. An extensive set of experimental tests have
been performed on single MCFCs and the experimental data are used to update and validate the numerical
model. The fuel cell model is then implemented into a thermo-chemical model of a novel waste treatment
system based on plasma torch gasification, previously developed by the authors. The predicted
performances of this waste-to-energy system based on the integration of a low pollutant waste treatment
technology and a high efficiency power unit are particularly promising.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.