Highly Ordered Large-Area Colloid Templates for Nanostructured TiO2 Thin Film Gas Sensors
- Highly Ordered Large-Area Colloid Templates for Nanostructured TiO2 Thin Film Gas Sensors
- 문희규; 심영석; 김도홍; 장호원; 한승희; 박형호; 윤석진
- Gas Sensor; TiO2; Colloid Template; O2 Plasma; Hollow Hemispheres
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 12, NO 4, 3496-3500
- We report a novel process that uses highly ordered colloidal templating to fabricate nanostructured TiO2 thin film gas sensors. An O2 plasma treatment is used to decrease the contact angle of a water droplet on a SiO2/Si substrate from 46° to 3°. The formation of this hydrophilic surface enhances the adhesion of polystyrene microspheres to the substrate during the spin coating of the colloidal solution, leading to a large-area colloid template of closely packed monolayer microspheres on the substrates. Embossed TiO2 thin film gas sensors fabricated through highly ordered colloidal templating using O2 plasma exhibit substantially enhanced gas sensing performance as compared to those without surface treatments prior to colloidal templating.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.