Electrochemical Characteristics of LiMn2O4 Cathodes Synthesized from Various Precursors of Manganese Oxide and Manganese Hydroxide
- Electrochemical Characteristics of LiMn2O4 Cathodes Synthesized from Various Precursors of Manganese Oxide and Manganese Hydroxide
- 이종문; 김주성; 홍순기; 이정진; 안한철; 조원일; 모선일
- Li-ion battery; cathode; nano-crystal; precursors
- Issue Date
- 한국전기화학회지; Journal of the Korean Electrochemical Society
- VOL 15, NO 3, 172-180
- The cathodes for lithium ion battery were synthesized from various precursors of manganese oxides and manganese hydroxides. As the first step, nanosized precursors such as (nano-sticks), (nano-rods), (nano-octahedra), amorphous (nano-spheres), and (nano-plates) were prepared by a hydrothermal or a precipitation method. Spinel with various sizes and shapes were finally synthesized by a solid-state reaction method from the manganese precursors and LiOH. Nano-sized (500 nm) octahedron showed high capacities of 107 mAh and 99 mAh at 1 C- and 50 C-rate, respectively. Three dimensional octahedral crystallites exhibit superior electrochemical characteristics to the other one-dimensional and two-dimensional shaped nanoparticles. After 500 consecutive charge discharge battery cycles at 10 C-rate with the nano-octahedron cathode, the capacity retention of 95% was observed, which is far better than any other morphologies studied in this work.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.