Nonlinearity in the high-electric-field piezoelectricity of epitaxial BiFeO3 on
- Nonlinearity in the high-electric-field piezoelectricity of epitaxial BiFeO3 on
- Chen, P.; Sichel-Tissot, R.J.; Jo, J.Y.; Smith, R.T.; 백승협; Saenrang, W.; Chang-Beom Eom; Sakata, O.; Dufresne, E.M.; Evans, P.G.
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 100, NO 6, 062906-1-062906-4
- The piezoelectricity of a multiferroic BiFeO3 thin film deviates from its low-field linear response in
electric fields higher than 150 MV/m. Time-resolved synchrotron x-ray microdiffraction reveals a
low-field piezoelectric coefficient of 55 pm/V and a steeper increase in strain at higher fields, with
an effective piezoelectric coefficient of 86 pm/V. The strain reaches 2% at 281 MV/m, a factor of
1.3 higher than expected based on an extrapolation from low fields. The peak intensity of the
BiFeO3 (002) Bragg reflection decreases throughout the high-electric-field regime, accompanied by
increased diffuse scattering, consistent with lattice softening lattice near a field-induced phase
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.