Hardness and Nitrogen Bonding Structure of AlxTi1-xN/CrN Multilayer Hard Coating
- Hardness and Nitrogen Bonding Structure of AlxTi1-xN/CrN Multilayer Hard Coating
- 서종현; 윤상원; 채근화; 박종극; 송종한; Vickram Jayaram; 이건배; 성태연; 권훈; 안재평
- AlN/CrN; Multilayer Hard Coating; Crack Propagation; Broken Nitrogen Bond; AlTiN/CrN
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 12, NO 2, 1581-1584
- AlxTi1−xN/CrN multilayer coatings were fabricated by magnetron sputtering and those hardness variations
were studied by observing the crack propagation and measuring the chemical bonding state
of nitrides by Ti addition. While AlN/CrN multilayer shown stair-like crack propagation, AlxTi1−xN/CrN
multilayer illustrated straight crack propagation. Most interestingly, Ti addition induced more broken
nitrogen bonds in the nitride multilayers, leading to the reduction of hardness. However, the hardness
of Al0.25Ti0.75N/CrN multilayer, having high Ti contents, increased by the formation of many
Ti–N bond again instead of Al–N bond. From these results, we found that linear crack propagation
behavior was dominated by broken nitrogen bonds in the AlxTi1−xN/CrN multilayer coatings.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.