An automated spin-assisted approach for molecular layer-by-layer assembly of crosslinked polymer thin films
- An automated spin-assisted approach for molecular layer-by-layer assembly of crosslinked polymer thin films
- Chan, Edwin P.; 이정현; 정준영; Stafford, Christopher M.
- thin film; polyamide; desalination membrane; layer-by-layer; spin casting
- Issue Date
- Review of scientific instruments
- VOL 83, NO 11, 114102-1-114102-6
- We present the design of an automated spin-coater that facilitates fabrication of polymer films based
on molecular layer-by-layer (mLbL) assembly. Specifically, we demonstrate the synthesis of ultrathin
crosslinked fully-aromatic polyamide (PA) films that are chemically identical to polymer membranes
used in water desalination applications as measured by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy.
X-ray reflectivity measurements indicate that the automated mLbL assembly creates films with a
constant film growth rate and minimal roughness compared with the traditional interfacial polymerization
of PA. This automated spin-coater improves the scalability and sample-to-sample consistency
by reducing human involvement in the mLbL assembly.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.