Effect of Se modification on RuSey/C electrocatalyst for oxygen reduction with phosphoric acid
- Effect of Se modification on RuSey/C electrocatalyst for oxygen reduction with phosphoric acid
- 박희영; 유성종; 김수진; 이상영; 함형철; 성영은; 김수길; 황승준; 김형준; 조은애; 헨켄스마이어디억; 남석우; 임태훈; 장종현
- PEMFC; catalyst; phosphoric acid; ruthenium; high-temperature PEMFC; Se-modified-Ru catalyst; Oxygen reduction reaction
- Issue Date
- Electrochemistry communications
- VOL 27, 46-49
- Carbon-supported Se-modified-Ru catalysts (RuSey/C) were synthesized, and their phosphate adsorption
characteristics were evaluated using electrochemical techniques and in-situ X-ray absorption spectroscopy
(XAS). When phosphoric acid was added, the ORR activity of unmodified Ru/C decreased by 26.8% because
the active sites were blocked by electrochemical adsorption, as confirmed by CV. However, for RuSey/C, the
ORR activity was enhanced with phosphoric acid (RuSe1.56/C: 63.8%), which indicates that the kinetics at
each site increased to compensate for the site blocking effect. The XAS results demonstrated that, for
RuSey/C, phosphoric acid molecules or phosphate anions primarily interacted with Se atoms, and the oxidation
state of Ru atoms decreased. Therefore, it was concluded that the enhanced ORR kinetics originated from
the decreased oxygen binding energy with larger electrostatic repulsion.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.