A simple colorimetric assay for the detection of metal ions based on the peroxidase-like activity of magnetic nanoparticles
- A simple colorimetric assay for the detection of metal ions based on the peroxidase-like activity of magnetic nanoparticles
- 김연석; 정종수
- colorimetric assay; detection; Peroxidase-like activity; metal ions; magnetic nanoparticles; Aptasensors
- Issue Date
- Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical
- VOL 176, 253-257
- We developed a simple colorimetric assay for the detection of metal ions based on the peroxidase-like
activity of magnetic nanoparticles (MNPs) and their interactioin with target specific single-stranded DNA
(ssDNA). It was already known that MNPs easily oxidize substrates in the presence of hydrogen peroxide
same as a peroxidase. In this study, the target specific ssDNA was adsorbed on the positively charged
surface of MNP, then the catalytic activity of MNPs was reduced by the screening effect of adsorbed
ssDNA on the surface of MNPs to substrates. The peroxidase like activity of MNPs was recovered by
the addition of targets because the target specific ssDNA were displaced from MNPs by the interaction
between targets and their specific ssDNA. The degree of color change of mixture was proportional to
the concentration of mercury ion in a range of 5–75 μM. In control experiment, other metal ions did not
induce the color change.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.