Hexagonally ordered nanoparticles templated using a block copolymer film through Coulombic interactions
- Hexagonally ordered nanoparticles templated using a block copolymer film through Coulombic interactions
- Wonjoo Lee; 이승용; Xin Zhang; Oded Rabin; R M Briber
- block copolymer; coulombic interaction; gold nanoparticles
- Issue Date
- VOL 24, NO 4, 045305-1-045305-8
- We present a novel and simple method for forming hexagonal gold nanoparticle arrays that
uses Coulombic interactions between negatively charged gold nanoparticles on positively
charged vertically oriented poly(4-vinylpyridine) cylinders formed in a spin cast
polystyrene-b-poly(4-vinylpyridine) block copolymer film. Exposure of the block copolymer
film to dibromobutane vapor quaternizes and crosslinks the poly(4-vinylpyridine) domains
which allows for the templated deposition of gold nanoparticles into a self-assembled
hexagonal array through electrostatic interactions. These systems can form the basis for
sensors or next generation nanoparticle based electronics.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.