A Fuzzy Intimacy Space Model to Develop Human-Robot Attitudinal Relationship
- A Fuzzy Intimacy Space Model to Develop Human-Robot Attitudinal Relationship
- 김영민; 김문상; 권동수
- Attitudinal relationship; emotional interaction; fuzzy neural network; intimacy space
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on systems, man and cybernetics. Part C, Applications and reviews : a publication of the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society
- VOL 42, NO 6, 1031-1041
- This paper presents a novel method to develop a human-robot attitudinal relationship based on intimacy. For a robot to estimate human's intimacy, we propose a fuzzy space model to classify intimate human behavioral patterns. Proxemic, tactile, and oculesic behavioral features, which are dominantly used for intimacy exchange in human-human communication, are analyzed to develop the 3-D intimacy space. The proposed model provides social standards to develop an intimacy-based attitudinal relationship between a human and a robot. We analyze the generality of our model through a sample interaction scenario and discuss how intimacy can be incrementally learnt for a long-term interaction between a robot and a human.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.