Electrical Detection of Polarity and Chirality of a Magnetic Vortex Using Spin-Motive Force Caused by Rashba Spin-Orbit Coupling
- Electrical Detection of Polarity and Chirality of a Magnetic Vortex Using Spin-Motive Force Caused by Rashba Spin-Orbit Coupling
- Moon, Jung-Hwan; Kyoung-Whan Kim; Hyun-Woo Lee; 이경진
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Express
- VOL 5, NO 12, 123002-1-123002-3
- We theoretically investigate the Rashba spin-motive force generated by a gyroscopic motion of a magnetic vortex in the presence of Rashba spin–orbit coupling. We show that the Rashba spin-motive force depends on not only the polarity of a vortex core but also the chirality of a vortex. Both polarity and chirality can be simultaneously determined by measuring electric signals. Our finding may be useful to electrically read the information of a magnetic vortex (i.e., polarity and chirality) for device applications, and to estimate the strength of Rashba spin–orbit coupling in a ferromagnet even when it is small.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.