Pd Nanocrystals on WC as Synergistic Electrocatalyst for Hydrogen Oxidation Reactions
- Pd Nanocrystals on WC as Synergistic Electrocatalyst for Hydrogen Oxidation Reactions
- 박희영; 빅인수; 최백범; 이국승; 전태열; 성영은; 유성종
- fuel cell; electocatalysts; Pd nanoparticles; WC; synergistic effect
- Issue Date
- Physical chemistry chemical physics : PCCP
- VOL 15, NO 6, 2125-2130
- Electrocatalysts for hydrogen oxidation reactions (HORs) are the key to renewable-energy technologies
including fuel cells, hydrogen pumps, and water splitting. Despite the significant technological interest
and tremendous efforts that have been made, development of hydrogen electrode catalysts with high
activity at low cost remains a great challenge. Here, we report the preparation, characterization, and
electrochemical properties of a hybrid material composed of Pd nanocrystals grown on spontaneously
oxidized WC as a high-performance catalyst for the HOR. The Pd/WC hybrid exhibits enhanced catalytic
activity compared to a carbon supported Pd (Pd/C) catalyst, making it a Pt-free, effective catalyst for the
HOR. The remarkable catalytic activity arises from synergistic ligand effects between Pd and WC.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.