Quantum-Dot-Sensitized Solar Cell with Unprecedentedly High Photocurrent
- Quantum-Dot-Sensitized Solar Cell with Unprecedentedly High Photocurrent
- 이진욱; 손대용; 안태규; 신희원; 김인영; 황성주; 고민재; 설수환; 한혁수; 박남규
- Quantum Dot; Sensitized solar cell; photocurrent
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports
- VOL 3, 1050-1-1050-8
- The reported photocurrent density (JSC) of PbS quantum dot (QD)-sensitized solar cell was less than 19 mA/
cm2 despite the capability to generate 38 mA/㎠, which results from inefficient electron injection and fast
charge recombination. Here, we report on a PbS:Hg QD-sensitized solar cell with an unprecedentedly high
JSC of 30 mA/㎠. ByHg21 doping into PbS, JSC is almost doubled with improved stability. Femtosecond
transient study confirms that the improved JSC is due to enhanced electron injection and suppressed charge
recombination. EXAFS reveals that Pb-S bond is reinforced and structural disorder is reduced by
interstitially incorporated Hg21, which is responsible for the enhanced electron injection, suppressed
recombination and stability. Thanks to the extremely high JSC, power conversion efficiency of 5.6% is
demonstrated at one sun illumination.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.