Enhanced photocatalytic activity of C, F-codoped TiO2 loaded with AgCl
- Enhanced photocatalytic activity of C, F-codoped TiO2 loaded with AgCl
- Hongjian Yan; Saji Thomas Kochuveedu; Li Na Quan; 이상수; Dong Ha Kim
- Co-doped TiO2; C, F-doping; Photocatalysis; Visible light activity; AgCl
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 560, 20-26
- A protocol is reported for the development of a unique type of a co-doped TiO2 with two kinds of nonmetal
atoms, carbon (C) and fluorine (F), as a visible-light active photocatalyst system. C, F-codoped
TiO2 nanoobjects with anatase phase were synthesized by calcination of a mixture of TiOF2 and
sulfuric-acid-treated melamine. The C, F co-doping resulted in a red-shift of the absorption edge to
510 nm from the 390-nm value obtained for a control TiO2 photocatalyst. The C, F-codoped TiO2 shows
photocatalytic activity under visible light irradiation. Furthermore, the loading of AgCl into the parent
co-doped TiO2 enhanced its activity for degradation of methylene blue dye by about 3.5 times in the first
hour irradiation. A brief mechanism responsible for the enhancement is proposed in terms of the transfer
of holes from C, F-codoped TiO2 to the AgCl phase.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.