Analysis of optical band-gap shift in impurity doped ZnO thin films by using nonparabolic conduction band parameters
- Analysis of optical band-gap shift in impurity doped ZnO thin films by using nonparabolic conduction band parameters
- 김원목; 김진수; 정증현; 박종극; 백영준; 성태연
- ZnO thin film; Optical band-gap; Nonparabolicity
- Issue Date
- Thin solid films
- VOL 531, 430-435
- Polycrystalline ZnO thin films both undoped and dopedwith various types of impurities,which covered thewide
carrier concentration range of 1016–1021 cm−3, were prepared bymagnetron sputtering, and their optical-band
gaps were investigated. The experimentally measured optical band-gap shifts were analyzed by taking into account
the carrier density dependent effectivemass determined by the first-order nonparabolicity approximation.
It was shown that the measured shifts in optical band-gaps in ZnO films doped with cationic dopants, which
mainly perturb the conduction band, could be well represented by theoretical estimation in which the
band-gap widening due to the band-filling effect and the band-gap renormalization due to the many-body effect
derived for a weakly interacting electron-gas model were combined and the carrier density dependent effective
mass was incorporated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.