Efficient preparation of carbon fibers using plasma assisted stabilization
- Efficient preparation of carbon fibers using plasma assisted stabilization
- 이승욱; 이화영; 장성연; 조성무; 이헌수; 최원호; 이성호
- carbon fiber; plasma; stabilization; PAN fiber
- Issue Date
- VOL 55, 361-365
- Carbon fibers (CFs) were prepared by the plasma-assisted stabilization (PAS) of polyacronitrile
(PAN) fibers. PAS was found to be an efficient treatment for stabilizing the precursor
fibers in terms of the time, cost and mechanical properties compared to conventional thermal
stabilization (CTS). The efficient stabilization of PAN by a radio-frequency capacitive
plasma discharge was confirmed using FT-IR and DSC. The tensile strength and modulus
of CFs from PAS were superior to those of CFs from CTS. These results suggest that PAS
is an efficient treatment for the manufacture of CFs, which can save time and energy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.