Study of a-Plane GaN Epitaxial Lateral Overgrowth Using Carbonized Photoresist Mask on r-Plane Sapphire
- Study of a-Plane GaN Epitaxial Lateral Overgrowth Using Carbonized Photoresist Mask on r-Plane Sapphire
- 장삼석; 이도한; 권준혁; 김상일; 임소영; 이재상; 박지훈; 변동진
- ELOG; Carbonized PR; MOCVD
- Issue Date
- Japanese journal of applied physics
- VOL 51, NO 11, 115501-1-115501-4
- Epitaxial lateral overgrowth (ELO) a-plane GaN samples were successfully grown on masked sapphire (1102) substrates using an in-situ carbonized photoresist (PR) mask by a metalorganic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) method. The PR masks for the ELO process were prepared using conventional lithography in the form of a stripe with an opening of 4 µm and a period of 12 µm. The stripe-patterned PR was annealed at 1100 °C in a H2 atmosphere. The stripes were aligned parallel to the <1100>GaN direction. The ELO process of GaN was strongly dependent on the direction of the stripes. Overall, the PR masks on the r-plane sapphire substrate were carbonized during the heating step before the main growth, so that the carbonized PR mask acted as an ELO mask. The study results confirmed the promising potential of the ELO process using an in-situ carbonized PR mask on r-plane sapphire.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.