Mechanical Properties and Fabrication of Nanostructured Al2TiO5 Compound by Pulsed Current Activated Sintering
- Mechanical Properties and Fabrication of Nanostructured Al2TiO5 Compound by Pulsed Current Activated Sintering
- 강현수; 박현국; 도정만; 윤진국; 박방주; 손인진
- Compound; Nanostructure; Sintering; Al2TiO5; Mechanical properties
- Issue Date
- 대한금속 . 재료학회지; Korean journal of metals and materials
- VOL 50, NO 11, 817-822
- Nano powders of Al2O3 and TiO2 compounds made by high energy ball milling were pulsed current
activated sintered for studying their sintering behaviors and mechanical properties. The advantage of this process
is that it allows very quick densification to near theoretical density and inhibition of grain growth. Nano-structured
Al2TiO5 with small amount of Al2O3 and TiO2 was formed by sintering at 1300℃ for 5 minute, in which average
grain size was about 96 nm. Hardness and fracture toughness of the nano-structured Al2TiO5 compound with
a small amount of Al2O3 and TiO2 were 602 kg/mm2 and 2.6 MPa.m1/2, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.