Rapid synthesis and consolidation of nanosructured MgAl2O4 compound by pulsed current activated sintering and its mechanical properties
- Rapid synthesis and consolidation of nanosructured MgAl2O4 compound by pulsed current activated sintering and its mechanical properties
- 곽성미; 박현국; 도정만; 윤진국; 이석재; 손인진
- Sintering; MgAl2O4; Nanostructured material; Powder metallurgy
- Issue Date
- Journal of ceramic processing research
- VOL 14, NO 1, 65-69
- Nanopowders of Al2O3 and MgO were fabricated by high energy ball milling. The rapid synthesis and sintering of
nanostuctured MgAl2O4 compound were investigated by the pulsed current activated sintering process. The advantage of this
process is that it allows very quick densification to near theoretical density and inhibition of grain growth. A highly dense
nanostructured MgAl2O4 compound was produced with the simultaneous application of 80 MPa pressure and a pulsed current
of 2800A within two minutes. The grain sizes and mechanical properties of MgAl2O4 sintered at 1320 ℃ were investigated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.