Correlation Between Total Mercury and Methyl Mercury-In Whole Blood of South Korean
- Correlation Between Total Mercury and Methyl Mercury-In Whole Blood of South Korean
- 정선아; 정다영; 온지원; 문명희; 이정애; 표희수
- Total mercury; Methyl mercury; Headspace-Gas chromatography-Mass spectrometry; Correlation; Whole blood
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 34, NO 4, 1101-1107
- In this study, total mercury and methyl mercury in whole blood of Korean was analyzed so as to investigate the
correlation between total mercury (T-Hg) and methyl mercury (Me-Hg). 4000 whole blood samples were
divided in four groups, according to T-Hg concentration in percentile: group I (p25-p50), group II (p50-p75),
group III (p75-p95) and group IV (p95-p100). 100 samples were randomly selected from the each group, and
Me-Hg concentration was measured. T-Hg concentration in whole blood was analyzed using a Direct Mercury
Analyzer-80 and obtained limit of detection (LOD) was 0.2 μgL−1. Me-Hg concentration was analyzed with
ethylate derivatization using headspace-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, and obtained LOD of methyl
mercury was 0.5 μgL−1. The geometric means of T-Hg and Me-Hg were 6.35 μgL−1 and 4.44 μgL−1,
respectively, and 71.91% of T-Hg was presented as Me-Hg.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.