Structural Characteristics of Ternary InxGa1-xAs Nanowires on Si (111) Grown via Au-Catalyzed VLS
- Structural Characteristics of Ternary InxGa1-xAs Nanowires on Si (111) Grown via Au-Catalyzed VLS
- Jae Cheol Shin; Do Yang Kim; Jae Hyung Park; Si Duck Oh; Hang Ju Ko; Myung-Soo Han; 김재헌; Kyoung Jin Choi; Hyo Jin Kim
- InGaAs Nanowire on Si; Au-catalyzed VLS; structural characteristics; InxGa1-xAs
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 13, NO 5, 3511-3514
- We have characterized the structural properties of the ternary InxGa1−xAs nanowires (NWs) grown on silicon (Si) substrates using metalorganic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD). Au catalyzed vapor-liquid-solid (VLS) mode was used for the NW growth. The density of the InxGa1−xAs NW array grown under optimized condition exceeds 1 × 108/cm2. X-ray diffraction (XRD) spectra confirm the In composition (x = 0.9-0.3) of the InxGa1−xAs nanowires which bandgap energy can cover the entire near-infrared (NIR) range. Massive stacking faults and twin planes were observed but no misfit dislocation was found along the NWs as confirmed by transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) analysis shows the gradual variation of In composition along the NW.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.