Formation of self-assembled large droplet-epitaxial GaAs islands for the application to reduced reflection
- Formation of self-assembled large droplet-epitaxial GaAs islands for the application to reduced reflection
- 이은혜; 송진동; 윤재진; 배민환; 한일기; 최원준; 장수경; 김영동; 김종수
- GaAs; MBE; reflectance; nanostructure
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied physics
- VOL 113, NO 15, 154308-1-154308-6
- The structural and reflectance properties of large gallium (Ga) droplets and GaAs islands grown by
droplet epitaxy (DE) were presented. The reflectance results of self-assembled large GaAs islands by
DE suggest the possibility of a novel method for antireflective coating. The diameter, height, density,
and aspect ratio of large Ga droplets were investigated up to the scale of optical size. After GaAs
island growth, the reflectance of s-polarization at 70˚ on in-situ measurement was reduced up to
approximately 2%–20% in the wavelength range of 350–900 nm. For large GaAs islands, reduction
of reflectance for s-, p-polarization at 20˚–80˚ and reduction of reflectance at normal incidence was
presented. This result shows that a layer of self-assembled large GaAs islands by DE can be a good
candidate for an antireflector for high-quality optoelectronic devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.