Solution processed wide band-gap CuInGaS2 thin film for solar cell applications
- Solution processed wide band-gap CuInGaS2 thin film for solar cell applications
- 박세진; 김지현; 민병권
- wide band-gap; CIGS; CuInGaS2; Solution process; Solar cells
- Issue Date
- 245th ACS National Meeting
- A wide band-gap (1.55 eV) CuInGaS2 thin film was prepared by a precursor solution based coating method. In order to eliminate carbon residue derived from organic binder and solvent, air annealing was applied. Subsequently, sulfurization was carried out for the formation of the CuInGaS2 alloy. The film was characterized by various analysis techniques including XRD, SEM, EPMA and AES. As a result, the film revealed two distinct morphologies: a densely packed bulk layer and a rough surface layer. We found that the rough surface is caused by the formation of Ga deficient CuInGaS2 crystallites. Although two distinct morphologies existed simultaneously on the surface, the film showed good device performance. Due to the wide band-gap optical property of the CuInGaS2 absorber film, a solar cell device with this film showed a relatively high open circuit voltage (~787 mV) with a power conversion efficiency of 8.28 % under standard irradiation conditions.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.