SYNTHETIC BIOLOGY-BASED ENGINEERING OF Corynebacterium glutamicum FOR THE JET-FUEL PRODUCTION
- SYNTHETIC BIOLOGY-BASED ENGINEERING OF Corynebacterium glutamicum FOR THE JET-FUEL PRODUCTION
- 이정석; 엄영순; 오민규; 우한민
- Coryenbacterium glutamicum; Jet-Fuel; synthetic biology
- Issue Date
- 한국화학공학회 2013년도 봄 총회 및 학술대회
- We have focused on the production of jet-fuel precursors from biomass due to rising petroleum costs and environmental concerns and developed a microbial cell factory that enables to produce the possible candidates of a jet-fuel precursor. Corynebacterium glutamicum was engineered by introducing biofuel producing pathway constructed in the BioBrick-formatted expression vector systems. Heterologous target genes were synthetized and optimized to produce a precursor of jet fuel candidates. In addition, the effect of cultivation of C. glutamicum for the jet-fuel production was investigated for the higher-production. So, the jet-fuel production platform by engineered C. glutamicum could be useful to biofuels production application. This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea Grant funded by the Korean Government (MEST) (2013, University-Institute cooperation program) and ‘Creative Allied Program (CAP)’ through the Korea Research Council of Fundamental Science and Technology (KRCF) and Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.