Fabrication and characterization of large-scale multifunctional transparent ITO nanorod films
- Fabrication and characterization of large-scale multifunctional transparent ITO nanorod films
- Hoo Keun Park; Seong Woong Yoon; Won Woo Chung; 민병권; 도영락
- ITO; nanorods
- Issue Date
- Journal of materials chemistry. A, Materials for energy and sustainability
- VOL 1, NO 19, 5860-5867
- In this study, large-scale multifunctional transparent ITO nanorod films that exhibit extreme wetting states (superhydrophobicity or superhydrophilicity), high transmittance, low resistivity to infer antistatic properties, antifogging, and self-cleaning were fabricated on 2-in. glass wafers and various substrates (glass, Si, Sus of 2.5 × 2.5 cm) via radio frequency (RF)-magnetron sputtering deposition. An ITO nanorod film prepared for 60 min at 500 °C exhibited excellent optical (85% transmittance at 500 nm) and electrical (sheet resistance of ~90 Ω □−1, antistatic property, with a figure of merit of 2.2 × 10−3 Ω−1) properties. It also showed superhydrophilic property (with a water contact angle as low as 1°) and antifogging. After coating with fluoroalkylsilane, the ITO nanorod film exhibited strong and stable superhydrophobic characteristics, having a high water contact angle (172.1°), a near-zero sliding angle, and self-cleaning capabilities. It is expected that large-scale multifunctional transparent ITO nanorods will lead to further technological advancements in the area of novel optoelectrical applications and in future industrial applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.