Optimization of pressurized liquid extraction for the quantification of tricin from black bamboo leaves (Phyllostachys nigra)
- Optimization of pressurized liquid extraction for the quantification of tricin from black bamboo leaves (Phyllostachys nigra)
- 상아방; 리린나; 엄병헌
- tricin; Black bamboo; PLE
- Issue Date
- 2013년도 한국생물공학회 춘계학술발표대회 및 국제심포지엄
- An efficiency pressurized liquid extraction (PLE) coupled with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) for quantification of biological compound tricin in black bamboo leaves (Phyllostachys nigra) was described in this study. The environmentally and health-friendly green solvents ethanol and water were used for PLE extraction. Parameters affecting extraction were optimized using the univariate method. The best extraction conditions 200℃, 50% ethanol, 20 min static time and 425 μm particle size. Compared with the traditional reflux extraction method, the optimized PLE condition showed high extraction efficiency 249 mg/100g dry leaves and it’s 19 times higher than reflux method, while taking less time and employing fewer solvents. The calibration curve for tricin was established with good linearity and correlation coefficient (r) 0.9997. To the best of our knowledge, this study is the first contribution to utilize PLE for tricin extraction. The experiment results indicated that the PLE is a promising prospect in extracting quantities tricin in plant, which can be used for pharmaceutical/biomedical applications and evaluation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.