Novel method for determination of phenol degradation kinetics
- Novel method for determination of phenol degradation kinetics
- 이순재; 김동주; 최재우
- Biokinetic; Inhibitory model; Phenol; Simulation
- Issue Date
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering
- VOL 36, NO 12, 1939-1945
- In this study, we proposed a new method for estimating 1 biokinetic parameters in phenol degradation kinetics. The method relies on the new formulation of q-S relation where degradation rate q is calculated from the changes of substrate concentration S for each time segment during the course of entire degradation while in the conventional method q is obtained from the slope of the straight line that is given as substrate concentration change with time in a semi-logarithmic scale. Thus this new method provided more data points than the conventional method. The q-S relations obtained from the new method and the conventional were fitted with three inhibitory kinetic models of Haldane, Yano and Edwards. Simulation of degradation profile with each kinetic model and comparison with the observed profile revealed that the new method offered a better prediction with Edwards model as the best inhibitory model.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.